Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tampanian Homesick Alien

Fighter jets have been pounding disconcerting vibrations into my apartment all day as they tear through the sky in pairs. Seriously, what the fuck is going on?

Luckily, I have David Attenborough's wildlife documentaries to keep me happily distracted. For anyone who is unfamiliar with his work - get familiar! So far, I have gobbled down The Life of Birds, Life in the Undergrowth, and The Life of Mammals. David reveals the intimate complexities of social interactions, motivations, and specializations of animal life around the planet, without coming off cutesy, dramatic, or dry. I have found them all completely enthralling and I feel like I'm gaining a deeper understanding of life and my significance/insignificance. The world is amazing. We all have different ways of doing the same things.

It's difficult to live in a society completely steeped in human dominance. Trapped in a little box next to another little box, I often feel so isolated from my home.

Flower gathering rock rabbits...



Leopard slug love...

No comments:

About Me