Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pineapple Glazed Tofu Spring Rolls

The excellent farmers markets and health food stores in town have inspired me to cook like crazy. I've been a passionate food nerd since childhood, so exploring the gastronomical landscape of my new home es muy divertido!

Photobucket

This week at the market I grabbed more french breakfast radishes, red butter leaf lettuce, sweet rainbow mini-peppers, carrots, basil, and mint - which of course sparked an unstoppable craving for spring rolls!

I marinated the tofu in wheat-free tamari, pineapple juice, dark agave, grated ginger, fresh garlic, and raw apple cider vinegar, then pan fried it in fragrant virgin coconut oil (oh my god, amazing!).

Photobucket

I need to work on my rolling technique. I've made these a hundred times before and never can get them nice and tight. Whatevs. They're super delicious and that's what really matters, right?

Photobucket

Oh, and a chili peanut sauce for dipping. Yum!

6 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

These look incredible! I want you to come cook for me! I've never attempted to make spring rolls from scratch before.

emc said...

Um, please? Once you're living the fab Hollywood life, I'll totally be your personal chef!

Laurie Stark said...

I wwas toying with the idea of moving to LA, but it didn't feel right for right now. I'm moving to Boston instead!

Laurie Stark said...

p.s. Will you come be my personal chef in Boston instead? I will probably be making $10/hr, but I can pay you with iced tea and crayon pictures.

emc said...

Wow! In that case, I'll just blog it to you. But...I do like crayon pictures - especially rainbowed unicorns and smiley suns. We can work something out.

Best luck!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, these look and sound amazing. And hey, we have those same spring rolls skins! Thanks for sharing.

About Me